Good evening beautiful souls,
A couple of days ago Jessica and I decided to bake some gingerbread biscuits and apart from placing them too near one another on the baking tray they turned out fab. They were super easy to make and I thought you might like to have a go too, so here is the recipe!
350g plain flour – 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda – 2 tsp ground ginger – 2 tsp of ground cinnamon – 115g butter – 175g of dark muscovado sugar – 4tbsp golden syrup – 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark — Lightly grease or line two baking trays.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs; stir in sugar.
- Beat syrup into egg then stir into flour mixture.
- Knead the dough until smooth. Roll out to 1/2 cm thick on a lightly floured surface; stamp or cut out desired gingerbread men shapes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and puffed, about 10-12 minutes. Let them sit on the tray for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before decorating with icing.
Love Carina xo