Good evening beautiful souls,
The other day I made vegan fajitas – it’s one of my favourite easy meals to make and so I thought I’d share my recipe with you – I hope you enjoy!
(serves 4-5 people)
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 chilli
- 1 can of kidney beans
- Tofu (Instead of meat I use tofu, although I guess you could use vegan mince as well)
- Fajita spices
- Chop up your onion, garlic, pepper, chilli and tomatoes
- Drain the tofu and cut up, then marinate in the fajita spices. Tofu by itself is rather tasteless I feel, but marinate it in fajita spices and it changes everything.
- Fry your onion and garlic in a little olive oil, once a little brown add the peppers and chilli. After 5 mins add the tomatoes and kidney beans
- Wash the salad (I used Kale to fill the fajitas, but it is quite coarse so any other salad would work well too)
- Fill your wraps (I recently discovered these amazing beetroot and spinach wraps in Tesco – I definitely recommend). Alternatively you can use romaine lettuce as a wrap which makes for a lighter fresh meal.
Now sit down and enjoy!