Hey there beautiful souls,
The other day I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose – so firstly I’d like to say a big thank you to Sarah for nominating me! And secondly, if any of you don’t follow her already you should definitely go check out her beautiful blog!
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I am quarter German, quarter Austrian and half Northern Irish. I was born in Germany and lived the first 11 years of my life there; which means I am fluent in German, although admittedly somewhat rusty.
- I have 16 piercings and 11 tattoos, here’s just a few:
- If I could travel back in time I would choose to visit the roaring 20’s with all the fabulous music and dancing in all the speakeasies or I would go even further back to the times of Jane Austen in the regency era, the fashion and the accomplishments ladies had to have in those days are right up my street. They had to be musical, artistic, enjoy reading… I mean those are my main talents, so what’s not to like?! (and I know I know it was only the upper classes who had those privileges, but you know, one can still dream hehe )
- I graduated with a BA in Fine Art in 2016 (if you’d like to see some more of my art click here or follow me on Instagram @carinaroxannenausnerart) I love working with many mediums from photography to painting, printmaking and mixed media.
- I am pretty much the same height and shoe size as my mum and sister which is 5ft 2in & size 5 / 38
- I have never travelled outside of Europe, something I mean to change as soon as I have saved up some dosh!
- About 3 years ago I shaved all my hair off for the Macmillan charity. I went from beautiful long red hair to a level 2 buzz cut!
- Savanna from Rose Recast
- Bradley from Brakinsop
- Michelle from Plantiful Trail
- Jasmin from UGHMANGO
- Maria from What Is Maria
- Rebecca from All Things Allatt
- Angela from The Life Of Angela
- Kat from KatX
- Sarah from Sarah Aurora
- Miggy from Kpop Khop
(Note: Yes I know there aren’t 15 nominations here, sorry guys! Hope you enjoyed this post though)
Good evening beautiful souls,
This week although amazing has also been very busy and exhausting. Anthony and Tom, two good friends of Jessica and myself were in Durham this week for their Masters Graduation. As Anthony is from Lebanon and Tom from down south, we won’t get to see much of them especially Anthony, so we made the most we of the short time we had with them. I worked long days Thursday through till Monday and then spent the evenings relaxing with them eating good food, playing games, watching Once Upon A Time and Black mirror and of course enjoying some drinks.
On Sunday Anthony and Tom cooked a feast for us which was scrumptious and included plenty of Vegan options for me including Ratatouille, a Lebanese aubergine salad, deep fried cauliflower, beetroot risotto and deep fried beetroot risotto balls – mmm… It was all soo tasty! It was nice to be able to relax with the guys and catch up with them fo a couple of days. We played lots of games including our favourite, Settlers of Catan (which I won to Anthony’s annoyance and my delight as even though he kept blocking my every move I still managed to best him hehe) and a new favourite Cluedo.
Last night after a lovely full last day together we settled down to our latest night yet playing another round of Cluedo before binge watching Black Mirror until 3am!
This morning it was time to say goodbye to Anthony. I hate it when good friends have to leave and who knows when I’ll see them next! I really hope they both receive PhD placements near Durham so that visiting each other won’t be so difficult! I’m really going to miss these too, but thank god for the Internet and Skype, at least keeping in contact won’t be too difficult!
So after a busy week with very late nights I am now settling down to a quiet evening and some self care time. A bath, an early night and some much needed sleep are in order I believe!
Good evening beautiful souls,
First of all I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year!!! I hope 2018 will be filled with much excitement, laughter and the reaching of your goals!
The beginning of a new year always fills me with so much inspiration and motivation and so I thought this would be the perfect time to make some changes and update my blog. I have spent the past few days working on alterations and planning ahead. I felt it appropriate for my first blog post of the new year to be an introduction to my new blog and the changes I have made.
Here’s what’s new:
- I decided to invest in my own domain name http://www.simplycarinaxo.com
- I spruced up my blog with a new design and layout
- I have added a SHOP page, which features some of my current favourites and staple goods from household items or entertainment to beauty and health
- I will be trying my very best to post more regularly, 3 times a week – Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evenings
I am looking forward to continuing my blog and making improvements. I hope you like the changes and as always I’d be glad for any feedback.