Good afternoon beautiful souls,
It’s that time of year again that I like to raise awareness & money for a charity close to my heart – namely Macmillan Cancer Support. Nearly all of us know someone who has been affected by cancer and Macmillan play such an important part in helping people get through this difficult time in their lives.
So this year I will be Going Sober for October – that means, for the full 31 days of October, I’m going completely booze-free – not one single drop! Those who know me well know I may have a slight addiction to that post work glass of wine/pint and so I think it’s fair to say that this will be a bit of a challenge for me.
But Go Sober is much more than giving up alcohol for a month. It’s raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support so that they can continue helping people living with cancer live life as fully as possibly.
I’d really appreciate any support you can give and any donation is a good donation. So if you have any pennies to spare I would be very grateful if you could head to my Go Sober Profile and send any spare change my way!
Thank you ❤
Good evening beautiful souls,
Have you missed me?!
In case you’ve been wondering where I had disappeared to, I decided to take a little break from blogging! Before I left for my holiday in Germany I was stuck in a bit of a rut. I was continually feeling stressed about never seeming to have enough time to complete everything I wanted to get done especially when it came to blogging. I kept having to remind myself that this blog is only a hobby and not a job, and thus it should be fun and I shouldn’t feel like a failure if I didn’t succeed in posting often enough or regularly. It was ok if my blog posts flowed as and when I felt like writing and sharing my journey. So I eventually managed to come to terms with the fact that it was ok to take a step back from blogging and take a break for a while.
I have to admit it did me good not stressing about uploading posts on time and having a picture up on Instagram every day; it’s been peaceful. However, I don’t want to drag this break on forever and the itch to get connecting again with all you lovely lot keeps growing so here I am again – I am back and ready to get stuck into blogging again.
I also want to take this new start to slightly redirect my content/the focus of my blog. As most of you know I have been vegan since the beginning of the year and my passion for living a plant based lifestyle keeps growing, along with wanting to reduce my impact on this earth and so I really want to focus my content on plant based and eco friendly living. It will still be a lifestyle blog featuring things from beauty – cooking, but they will all be encouraging a plant based and low impact lifestyle. I look forward to developing my vegan & eco friendly lifestyle niche more and hope you look forward to learning more about these topics.
Lots of Love Carina xo
Good morning beautiful souls,
I hope you had a great weekend! I must apologise for not posting last night, I had a busy weekend and was busy socializing both evenings and thus didn’t get around to finishing a post. So I thought I’d recycle a post this morning as it’s an easy peasy recipe for a fresh yummy start to a new week.
Here goes, this is my absolute favourite fresh juice of all time. Sadly making fresh juice can be quite expensive sometimes, so this is a treat, however occasionally you can find reduced fruit so keep your eyes open and look in local fruit and veg shops too!
The drink – it’s nothing special, just freshly squeezed oranges, grapefruits and lime with a sprig of mint, but the combination is kinda amazing!
I would usually squeeze 3 oranges, 1 red grapefruit, 1 lime and garnish with a sprig of mint. I would also recommend popping the freshly squeezed juice in the fridge to chill before drinking or adding and ice cube or two – it is the most tasty and refreshing when cool!
Well I really hope you all make this because I’m obsessed with this juice aha. Do let me know if you try & enjoy it too!
Love Carina xo
Good evening beautiful souls,
“The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” ― Gaylord Nelson
As it’s Earth Day today I wanted to draw your attention to the unsustainable lives we are living. Through our modern lifestyles we are destroying & hurting our earth, all it’s earthlings and our ecosystem – something needs to change!!!
I would love you all to take a moment and reflect on the lifestyle choices you make and how you might be able to adjust things to live greener more environmentally friendly lives. I urge you all to take part and make a conscious effort to make some little changes so that we may create a happier, healthier planet for ourselves and generations to come!
No change is to small – every little helps and it’s important we all play our part and look after the earth!!!
Here are just few ideas to get you started:
- Recycle!!! Everything that can be recycled please don’t just dump it into general waste!
- Invest in some stainless steel straws for home use. Refuse straws when out and about or get into the habit of bringing your own straw with you (yes I am one of those people who carries a stainless steel straw in her backpack)
- Start buying loose fruit and vegetables and bring your own mesh bags to put them in.
- Or why not invest in a local organic veg bag subscription!
- Bring your own bag to the supermarket instead of buying plastic ones!
- If you are a tea drinker buy loose leaf teas and use a tea strainer (most tea bags are still made with plastic)
- Use roll on deodorants instead of aerosols
- Try and avoid aerosol products in general. You can swap most things eg. use good old fashioned talcum powder instead of dry shampoo, buy reed diffusers instead of air fresheners…
- Invest in a reusable takeaway coffee/tea mug
- Buy biodegradable bamboo toothbrushes, plastic ones fill our landfills and take over 400 years to decompose!!!
- Ladies – buy yourself a menstrual cup – not only are you saving yourself money but your helping the environment and your body as they are far less dangerous!
- Have a go at going vegan (or at least making some swaps and cutting down your animal product consumption) – don’t diss veganism straight away beautiful souls – animal agriculture is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation system combined!
- Use reusable cleansing pads instead of throwaway cleansing wipes (reusable bamboo breast pads area great option)
- Use natural shampoo & soap bars instead of going through bottles of shampoo and conditioner (lush gave some really nice ones)
- Invest in an electric razor/shaver rather than using one use plastic razors.
- Install the Ecosia web browser which plants trees as you do your online browsing – I mean what’s not to like – this is such an easy change to make!!
The list is endless, I could go on forever. Please have a look into making some changes ❤ This really isn’t an issue we can ignore!!!
I’ll leave you with another quote:
“It’s going to take all of us, gathering our voices and acting together. Saying, “Not on our watch” to create a future for humans, animals and the environment.” ― Eileen Anglin
P.s. If you already are making some changes I’d love to know what you are doing!