Good evening beautiful souls,
“The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” ― Gaylord Nelson
As it’s Earth Day today I wanted to draw your attention to the unsustainable lives we are living. Through our modern lifestyles we are destroying & hurting our earth, all it’s earthlings and our ecosystem – something needs to change!!!
I would love you all to take a moment and reflect on the lifestyle choices you make and how you might be able to adjust things to live greener more environmentally friendly lives. I urge you all to take part and make a conscious effort to make some little changes so that we may create a happier, healthier planet for ourselves and generations to come!
No change is to small – every little helps and it’s important we all play our part and look after the earth!!!
Here are just few ideas to get you started:
- Recycle!!! Everything that can be recycled please don’t just dump it into general waste!
- Invest in some stainless steel straws for home use. Refuse straws when out and about or get into the habit of bringing your own straw with you (yes I am one of those people who carries a stainless steel straw in her backpack)
- Start buying loose fruit and vegetables and bring your own mesh bags to put them in.
- Or why not invest in a local organic veg bag subscription!
- Bring your own bag to the supermarket instead of buying plastic ones!
- If you are a tea drinker buy loose leaf teas and use a tea strainer (most tea bags are still made with plastic)
- Use roll on deodorants instead of aerosols
- Try and avoid aerosol products in general. You can swap most things eg. use good old fashioned talcum powder instead of dry shampoo, buy reed diffusers instead of air fresheners…
- Invest in a reusable takeaway coffee/tea mug
- Buy biodegradable bamboo toothbrushes, plastic ones fill our landfills and take over 400 years to decompose!!!
- Ladies – buy yourself a menstrual cup – not only are you saving yourself money but your helping the environment and your body as they are far less dangerous!
- Have a go at going vegan (or at least making some swaps and cutting down your animal product consumption) – don’t diss veganism straight away beautiful souls – animal agriculture is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation system combined!
- Use reusable cleansing pads instead of throwaway cleansing wipes (reusable bamboo breast pads area great option)
- Use natural shampoo & soap bars instead of going through bottles of shampoo and conditioner (lush gave some really nice ones)
- Invest in an electric razor/shaver rather than using one use plastic razors.
- Install the Ecosia web browser which plants trees as you do your online browsing – I mean what’s not to like – this is such an easy change to make!!
The list is endless, I could go on forever. Please have a look into making some changes ❤ This really isn’t an issue we can ignore!!!
I’ll leave you with another quote:
“It’s going to take all of us, gathering our voices and acting together. Saying, “Not on our watch” to create a future for humans, animals and the environment.” ― Eileen Anglin
P.s. If you already are making some changes I’d love to know what you are doing!